Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!! Weee!!

Halloween!!! Weeeeeee!!

I love candy. Please find me someone that doesn't and I will gladly stuff their mouths with Snickers bars until they change their mind. Kit Kats are my favorite though...I like to eat all of the outside chocolate off and then separate the weird little layers and eat that delicious, mysterious stuff in between. So basically I eat Kit Kats like a mentally challenged beaver. 

Unfortunately Aaron and I decided to do our Paleo Challenge during Halloween, so I get NO Kit Kats, NO candy corn, and NO pumpkin pie. To make myself feel a little bit better about my lack of sugar high on Halloween, I decided to look up some horrifying statistics about candy. It helped...prepare to feel like shit about all of the candy you've been eating today!
  • Over 90 million pounds of chocolate are sold during the week of Halloween. 
  • $1.9 billion was spent on Halloween candy in 2010. 
  • That averages out to $72.31 per person JUST on Halloween candy. 
  • One miniature Kit Kat has 130 calories and 16g of carbohydrates (you could eat an entire, nutritious apple for less than that).
  • Around Halloween, most people (even adults) eat at least 20 pieces of candy a day. That's over 2,600 calories just in candy...more than a normal person's daily allotment of calories. 


I remember when I was younger, I would get pissed off when people handed out apples, pencils, spider rings, or other shit like that...but now I'd almost prefer that. I'll take the damn pencils over candy any day. I put WAY too much work into my training (in order to fit into awesome costumes!!) to waste it on a candy bar smaller than my pinky finger!

What did you guys dress up as today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment