Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cake & Inspiration!

"You can have excuses or results; not both"

I'd like to begin this post by thanking everyone for reading my blog; I've gotten so much positive feedback and it's really great to know that my efforts are making some kind of impact. The way I see it, if I can help and inspire just one person to make life-changing decisions, I've done a lot. I know how hard losing weight, getting in shape, and making positive changes can be; there are at least 50 reasons you could give up, but remember that there are at least 100 reasons that you should keep going. 

So many of us are busy with work, school, families, financial issues, and so much more, but it's very important to keep your own health as your highest priority. You can't really stress about money or feed your family if you die from diabetes at age 40 because you've continuously made excuses to avoid proper exercise and nutrition. It's much easier to take action now and prevent future disease and poor health than it is to wait until it's too late and have to make up for lost time, overeating, and lack of exercise. It's time to be responsible for your own health, stop making excuses, and take action. 

With that said, today is day 11 of the Paleo Challenge and I want some fucking cake. Here are a few reasons as to why I will not be eating cake tonight:
  • Contrary to popular belief, cake is not Paleo.
  • I've worked too hard in the gym for it to be wasted on cake.
  • The satisfaction I'll feel when I've completed the challenge is going to be far more rewarding than any kind of instant gratification I could get from food. 
  • There are 403 calories, 20 grams of fat, and 54 grams of carbohydrates in one slice of heaven cake. 
  • It would take 2 hours of archery, 2.5 hours of brushing my teeth, or 1.5 hours of mopping to burn off the calories from said cake. 
  • None of those activities are as appealing as actually eating the cake. 
  • I would wake up tomorrow with a cake hangover.
  • I would not just eat one slice of cake...I would eat an entire cake.
  • Aaron would win the Paleo challenge. Unacceptable.
This weeks workouts were pretty fun, for lack of better words: an AMRAP, some hang power cleans, box jumps, and lots of jump roping...some of my favorite movements! Usually before a workout, I set some type of goal for my performance: "under 10 minutes", "don't rest until it's over", "beat ____", "at least 6 rounds", etc. This week I have accomplished or exceeded a lot of my expectations and I think my brain is finally catching up to my weight loss. 

Thanks again for reading, guys. I'll post again soon. Probably about cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment